Wireless has become a major component of most remote communications networks. Datasat Communications is a wireless service provider bringing together the latest in 802.11x wireless networking, IP layer QoS and Datasat's own networking intelligence to deliver unmatched throughput and range through a new level of radio performance. Placing intelligence at the network edge improves the delivery of service to users, increases performance and security while reducing the management overhead.
Comprehensive range of wireless equipment optimised for video and rich media traffic designed and manufactured by Datasat Technologies.
IP Layer 3 management provides granular control of network services such as bandwidth allocation, traffic prioritisation, rate limiting and congestion management.
Wireless routers, access points, antennae and power units ruggedized for continuous outdoor operations in the most hostile and challenging environments.
mVoiP capabilities enables reliable, low cost mobile calls where cellular coverage is poor or unavailable. Accessible through an mVoiP app compatible with most smartphones and tablet devices.
Intelligent wireless networks that effectively extend coverage with less wireless equipment to minimise initial investment and running costs over the lifecycle of the network.
Flexible backhaul connectivity achieved through seamless integration with VSAT infrastructure and the ability to create effective Point of Presence to fibre backbone where available.
Intelligence at The Network’s Edge
The core of wireless networks from Datasat is advanced traffic management and rate control that has not previously been possible from a WiFi network. Intelligence is moved to the edge of the network in a scalable architecture of intelligent Mesh Points that recognise and adapt automatically to different types of traffic – voice, data, video – in response to changes in the radio environment and changing network demands. This allows us to transport client-by-client SLAs seamlessly through the network. Traffic priorities can be raised or lowered in near real-time to accommodate changing demands on airtime.
• Low latency delivery for delay-sensitive voice, video and data applications.
• Advanced traffic management enables differentiated service levels on a per client or per-application basis.
• Reactive and proactive interference and congestion avoidance.
• Intelligent Subscriber Module allows cost-effectively creates instant WiFi ‘Hotspots’.
• Predictable coverage, both indoors and outdoors, with less interference and dead zones.
• Support for Department of Defence required levels of security which mandates the use of 802.11i/WPA2 and 802.1X/EAP-TLS, including 'over the air' data integrity using 128-bit AES encryption.
• Cloud-based network monitoring and management capable of being provides as Infrastructure as a Service.
• Range of Video Management Servers to increase capabilities and performance of wireless-based Surveillance Networks.
“Wireless infrastructure is an excellent and cost-effective solution to add connectivity quickly to remote mining locations. The Datasat network has given us another benefit. It is very, very flexible. We found its ability to allow us to add a completely new and unspecified service to the network, at almost no cost, very impressive. Datasat Communications brings a high level of quality to everything they do. The wireless infrastructure had been pre-built and tested so on-site roll-out was very straightforward.”
JC Grobbelaar, Director of Security Solutions, G4S
An End-to-End Service
Datasat offers a complete range of services - network design, network build, network management and network maintenance - to ensure customers benefit from dealing with a single supplier for their communications needs. The company has over 25 years of experience creating effective connectivity solutions ranging from small remote sites to global VSAT networks. Organisations benefit from a single contract with single SLA and single pricing structure - and only one contact if issues arise.