“Communications infrastructure is only a small part of the investment in any mine site but it plays a significant part in delivering the business efficiency required,” said Bernie Branfield, General Manager of Datasat Communications. “Whether the industry goes into a supercylce mark II or exits the current supercycle altogether, it will increase the focus on effective cost management. Mining companies need access to communications solutions that are specifically tailored to their business needs and budgets.
Datasat Communications identified some of the area where remote communications can facilitate greater cost controls:
- Increased remote operations to reduce headcount
- Consolidate separate networks onto a single remote communications infrastructure
- Provide real time access to information when and where needed
- High performance, highly available corporate applications for improved business operations
- Deliver value-added content to local communities using existing communications infrastructure to help facilitate a mine company's 'social license'
A full version of the positioning statement can be found here
About Datasat Communications
Datasat Communications has 25 years experience of creating complete remote communications solutions to meet customer needs virtually anywhere in the world. Specialising in satellite, wireless and terrestrial networks, it is an engineering-led company known for constructing and managing 'best fit' global communications networks. All network solutions from Datasat Communications are bespoke to customer requirements.
About the Datasat Group
The Datasat Group Comprising three companies – Datasat Digital Entertainment, Datasat Communications and Datasat Technologies. The Group develops a broad range of solutions designed to enhance the communications capabilities of individuals and organisations.