Offshore drilling often takes place in the harshest environments on earth. As the need to discover new resource grows, this trend is set to continue. Yet, the remote site still needs all the communications services expected onshore or at corporate headquarters. As well as providing high performance and available connectivity to operational, business and infotainment systems, the network equipment has to be extremely robust and reliable to deliver continuous operations. Datasat delivers a single mutli-service infrastructure - based on VSAT satellite and intelligent wireless technology - to meet all offshore communications requirements.
Best of breed remote infrastructure based on satellite, wireless and fibre technologies with the highest level of security including IP and radio encryption
Guaranteed 'always on' connectivity with global C and KU VSAT satellite networks
Military standard outdoor wireless equipment operates seamlessly in temperatures from -40oC to +70oC
Point-to-point, point-to-multipoint and mesh configurations giving redundancy and self-healing capabilities. Independent power supplies – including solar and wind – ensure uninterrupted operations in hard to reach places
Single, multi-service, QoS-driven network infrastructure to enable all systems - operational, business, security, infotainment and asset management – to operate seamlessly and secure providing performance, cost and management benefits on multi-tenant sites
Intelligent network management increases security, coverage and performance while reducing the amount of network equipment and management involved
The Reassurance of a Single Communications Supplier
Datasat Communications helps simplify communications for offshore operations. By delivering a single multi-service solution ideally suited for multi-tenant networks, the company enables all operational, business, security and infotainment services to operate seamlessly over one high performance, highly reliable infrastructure. Not only does this significantly reduce the cost, equipment and management necessary, it enables the operators to have a single contract from a single communications supplier. When operating in emerging regions, this gives oil and gas companies the confidence in its communications without worrying about sourcing services from a range of unproven local suppliers.
• Integration of satellite with wireless, cellular and fibre technologies to deliver complete end-to-end global networking.
• Advance Layer 3-based traffic management enabling dynamic QoS-driven bandwidth allocation to an individual service, user group or user level.
• Network optimised for video and rich media traffic for applications such as CCTV surveillance, real-time GIS and infotainment.
• Multiple services – voice, business applications, CCTV surveillance, asset management etc – operate seamless over a single network infrastructure.
• Network availability over 99.995% through highly robust VSAT and wireless network equipment.
• Web-based and Cloud-based network management to enable comprehensive remote management from Datasat's UK NOC.
• Reliability and quality of service guaranteed by SLA.
An End-to-End Service
Datasat offers a complete range of services - network design, network build, network management and network maintenance - to ensure customers benefit from dealing with a single supplier for their communications needs. The company has over 25 years of experience creating effective connectivity solutions ranging from small remote sites to global VSAT networks. Government organisations benefit from a single contract with single SLA and single pricing structure - and only one contact if issues arise.