Whether seismic, services or support vessels, there are a range of communications requirements that each must meet. As a vessel can be offshore for many months, an effective remote communications solution is essential for operations activities as well as crew welfare. Datasat a range of Maritime communications services from bespoke Maritime VSAT satellite systems to onboard wireless network services to a complete end-to-end network solution for all voice, data, video and security applications abroad the vessel.
Stabilised Maritime VSAT systems operating in KU and C-Band for coastal, short journey and trans-oceanic routes
Robust and reliable outdoor wireless equipment that operates in the harshest environments delivering availability above 99.995%
Single, multi-service, QoS-driven network infrastructure to enable all systems - operational, business, security, infotainment and asset management – to operate seamlessly and secure providing performance, cost and management benefits on multi-tenant sites
Network equipment optimised for video and rich media traffic – including specifically designed Managed File Transfer (MFT) system – to deliver a new range of infotainment services
Rapid establishment of WiFi hotspots as well as crew WiFi access tracking and management
Innovative mVoiP application to enable low cost or free mobile calls anywhere within the network coverage
The Importance of Morale in Maritime
With the crew isolated for long periods, little things like effective Facebook access become extremely important to maintaining good morale onboard. Datasat delivers Maritime communications solutions that build crew WiFi into the combined satellite and wireless infrastructure that handles all other communications services. In addition to Internet and social media access, the company's specifically designed mVoiP applications means that low cost calls can be made from most smartphones within the network coverage. Datasat has also developed a dedicated Managed File Transfer system specifically for video traffic to enable excellent infotainment services into extremely hard to reach locations.
• Guaranteed 'always on' connectivity with global C and KU VSAT satellite networks
• Advance Layer 3-based traffic management enabling dynamic QoS-driven bandwidth allocation to an individual service, user group or user level.
• Network optimised for video and rich media traffic for applications such as CCTV surveillance, real-time GIS and infotainment.
• Multiple services – voice, business applications, CCTV surveillance, asset management etc – operate seamless over a single network infrastructure.
• Network availability over 99.995% through highly robust VSAT and wireless network equipment.
• Web-based and Cloud-based network management to enable comprehensive remote management from Datasat's UK NOC.
• Reliability and quality of service guaranteed by SLA.
An End-to-End Service
Datasat offers a complete range of services - network design, network build, network management and network maintenance - to ensure customers benefit from dealing with a single supplier for their communications needs. The company has over 25 years of experience creating effective connectivity solutions ranging from small remote sites to global VSAT networks. Government organisations benefit from a single contract with single SLA and single pricing structure - and only one contact if issues arise.