Reliable and continuously available remote communications networks play a vital role in the Health & Safety aspect of remote mine site operations. The real-time capture and distribution of a wide variety of data on people and assets is essential for pro-active safety management. Datasat develops portable wireless mesh networks that allow the effective tracking and monitoring of static and mobile devices to enable improved decision-making.
Low cost, quickly deployed wireless network that can be easily extended without the requirement of on-site IT specialists.
Wireless network optimised for video and rich media to ensure support for all H&S systems including wireless phones, CCTV cameras, sensor and tracking equipment, and access control points.
'Self healing' configuration - through automatic traffic re-routing - for continuous operations with uninterrupted connectivity to static and mobile network elements.
Intelligent Layer 3 architecture virtually eliminates network latency and enables dynamic data routing to accommodate changes to the network environment.
Wireless networks based on 802.11 open standards for seamless integration of wide range of third party sensor and tracking device systems.
Point-to-point satellite backhaul for secure, high performance connectivity to global headquarters for consistent management across all mine operations.
A Single Infrastructure For Health & Safety
The advent of wireless broadband has allowed mine operators to capture much more H&S data. Previously, a range of applications such as fleet management and condition monitoring systems - often on their own closed proprietary networks - had to be deployed and coordinated. Datasat provides a single network infrastructure over which all H&S systems can co-exist securely without compromising performance. The result is better quality data for decision-making reliably delivered while cost and management overhead are reduced.
• Wireless routers, access points, antennae and power units ruggedised for continuous outdoor operations in the most hostile and challenging environments.
• Advanced Layer 3-based traffic management enabling dynamic QoS-driven bandwidth allocation to an individual service, user group or user level.
• Wireless equipment capable of 300MBps throughput to support the latest rich media H&S systems - such as real-time video and audio.
• Satellite, wireless and end-to-end network capabilities.
• Network availability over 99.995% guaranteed by stringent SLAs.
• Range of power options - including solar and wind - to ensure uninterrupted remote operation.
An End-to-End Service
Datasat offers a complete range of services - network design, network build, network management and network maintenance - to ensure customers benefit from dealing with a single supplier for their communications needs. The company has over 25 years of experience creating effective connectivity solutions ranging from small remote sites to global VSAT networks. Organisations benefit from a single contract with single SLA and single pricing structure - and only one contact if issues arise.