While focus is often placed on automation and productivity applications, many mine operators still struggle to deliver basic business systems to remote mine operations. With business systems such as SAP essential for daily operations, the remote location must have the same reliable, high performance access to these applications as corporate HQ. Datasat designs and delivers multi-service remote mine site communications infrastructure with corporate networking at the core.
On-site access to standard business applications, email, internet and telephony services as office-like speeds - accessible from a range of devices.
Network optimised for video and rich media data to support applications such as video conferencing, CAD and large image file transfer.
Robust and reliable network infrastructure that operates in the harshest environments delivering availability above 99.995%.
Multi-service network management allows corporate networking to operate seamlessly and securely with other network service such as H&S or automation services.
Low cost VSAT satellite-based remote infrastructure implemented in a matter of weeks. In one instance, six weeks from the placement of the initial order.
Making SAP Available Anywhere
Within the mining industry, effective enterprise resource planning is essential. The ability to access SAP applications from any site is an important part of any communications solution. Datasat Communications has experience of delivering high performance, highly secure SAP access to remote sites to enable effective resource allocation and financial management.
• Low cost and robust network infrastructure in remote locations - capable of re-deployment to lower total cost of ownership.
• Advance traffic management to ensure that the correct bandwidth is allocated to business applications as required.
• Satellite, wireless and end-to-end network capabilities.
• Network availability over 99.995% guaranteed by stringent SLA.
• Range of power options - including solar and wind - to ensure uninterrupted remote operation.
• Range of remote monitoring and management services available that can be centrally managed via the Datasat NOC.
An End-to-End Service
Datasat offers a complete range of services - network design, network build, network management and network maintenance - to ensure customers benefit from dealing with a single supplier for their communications needs. The company has over 25 years of experience creating effective connectivity solutions ranging from small remote sites to global VSAT networks. Organisations benefit from a single contract with single SLA and single pricing structure - and only one contact if issues arise.