Remote mine sites have many kilometres of challenging terrain which must be monitored for unauthorised entry. In addition, authorised personnel - whether staff, contractors or visitors - must be able to gain access and be protected while on-site. Datasat provides integrated VSAT satellite and wireless network infrastructure to support the latest generation of video surveillance, security and access control for remote mining communicationss.
Reliable and predictable coverage operating over a single infrastructure for data, video and rich media traffic. No need for dedicated security infrastructure.
Robust and reliable outdoor wireless equipment that operates in the harshest environments delivering availability above 99.995%.
Quickly and cost-effectively deployed, disassembled and redeployed network infrastructure to move and extend security operations - one camera at a time.
Effective global roaming with seamless hand-off between access points within the wireless network to monitor assets such as mine trucks.
Wireless networks based on 802.11 open standards for seamless integration of wide range of third party camera, tracking and access control systems.
Range of Video Management Servers for the capture, storage and analysis of surveillance footage - both on-site and from a central control room.
• Network equipment optimised for video traffic - including H.264 and MxPEG.
• Point-to-point, point-to-multi-point and fully meshed configurations for flexible deployment.
• Advance QoS-based traffic management enabling dynamic QoS-driven bandwidth allocation to an individual service, user group or user level.
• Surveillance images and sound accessible from any web-based device - including in-vehicle while in transit.
• Rapid deployed and installed for emergency and disaster recovery. Enables scalable rural networks that can grow, shrink and be re-deployed quickly and cost-effectively.
• Satellite, wireless, fibre and end-to-end network capabilities.
• Integration with a wide range of third party access control applications such as card entry or biometrics.
• Range of power options - including solar and wind - to ensure uninterrupted remote operation.
“Wireless infrastructure is an excellent and cost-effective solution to add connectivity quickly to remote mining locations. The Datasat network has given us another benefit. It is very, very flexible. We found its ability to allow us to add a completely new and unspecified service to the network, at almost no cost, very impressive. Datasat Communications brings a high level of quality to everything they do. The wireless infrastructure had been pre-built and tested so on-site roll-out was very straightforward.”
JC Grobbelaar, Director of Security Solutions, G4S
An End-to-End Service
Datasat offers a complete range of services - network design, network build, network management and network maintenance - to ensure customers benefit from dealing with a single supplier for their communications needs. The company has over 25 years of experience creating effective connectivity solutions ranging from small remote sites to global VSAT networks. Organisations benefit from a single contract with single SLA and single pricing structure - and only one contact if issues arise.