Critical infrastructure – electricity, gas, water, telecommunications, transportation – has rapidly become essential for the efficient functioning of a modern society. Recent years have been characterised by an aggressive programme of infrastructure construction and improvement. Datasat provides the communications networks based on the laytest outdoor wireless network technologies to enable the effective management and protection of these essential assets – regardless the remoteness of the location.
Quickly and cost-effectively extend network infrastructure into locations beyond current reach of fibre or copper
Robust and reliable outdoor wireless equipment that operates in the harshest environments delivering availability above 99.995%. Supports the highest security standards to exceed the requirements of Defence Agencies worldwide.
Multi-service network management allows monitoring and surveillance systems to operate seamlessly and securely with other network services over the same communications infrastructure
Employ video surveillance to enhance production data from central or remote sites by augmenting it with visual information
Integrate video imagery with diagnostic tools to better understand the status of remote assets and sites. Decision and response times can be reduced to improve operational efficiencies
Remote monitoring from anywhere on an IP network – from any web-enabled device – for field personnel to reduce response times
The Benefits of Wireless Video Surveillance
Previously, the assets on remote sites were monitored primarily via low-bandwidth SCADA data applications. Datasat enables these remote monitoring systems to be augmented with video images. The company's outdoor wireless technology has been optimised to work with the latest generation of video and rich media network traffic. By placing intelligence at the network edge, Datasat networks can prioritise video network traffic so that, when events of interest occur, the images can be fed any where in the world in real time. Allied to either a local or centralised Datasat video management systems allows for rapid decision making and personnel response where required.
• Complete design, build, management and maintenance service with networks pre-engineered and tested to enable rapid deployment and reliable operations.
• Satellite and wireless capabilities to ensure high performance, low cost backhaul from almost any location on the globe.
• Support for all major video formats and camera manufacturers.
• Advance traffic management to ensure that the correct bandwidth is allocated to remote assets as required.
• Layer 3 architecture places intelligence at network's edge and enables advanced QoS-based traffic management.
• Wireless network equipment operates seamlessly in harsh environments; IP67, -40℃ to +70℃, MIL- STD.
• Range of Power over Ethernet (PoE), solar and wind-based power options to enable uninterrupted network operation in highly remote areas.
An End to End Service
Datasat offers a complete range of services - network design, network build, network management and network maintenance - to ensure customers benefit from dealing with a single supplier for their communications needs. The company has over 25 years of experience creating effective connectivity solutions ranging from small remote sites to global VSAT networks. Government organisations benefit from a single contract with single SLA and single pricing structure - and only one contact if issues arise.